This site is a record of the multisport, triathlon, Kayaking, Running, biking and other endurance events and races I compete in.

Friday

Motatapu Xterra Tri March 2015

Body was feeling pretty trashed  after 6hours26min of swimming MTBing and running. A great race in the Motatapu XTerra Triathlon today. Some pretty wet, muddy and tough conditions - the tougher the conditions the more satisfying at the end. The bike and all the other gear were put through some great product testing today with a big thumbs up to the team at ‪#‎torpedo7‬‪#‎Seeyououtthere‬ Torpedo7  The 2015 Motatapu X terra tri which was a bit of a wet and mucky course due to the rainfall overnight and on the morning of the event. I had a good swim coming out of the water in the time I would expect and onto the MTB which was a pretty slow slog through, my MTB time was about an hour slower than previous races due to the sticky ground conditions (and one small stop to play good T7 guy to a bloke in distress with a jammed chain) but got through feeling fine and onto the run which was great as I have been doing quite a lot of hill work around the hills of Hawea so the legs are feeling strong and the run went well until we were stopped 2 km from the end due to the river levels rising so our times were taken from there clocking me in at 6hr26min and placing me 3rd in my age cat and half way through the overall field so pretty happy with this.

No comments: