This site is a record of the multisport, triathlon, Kayaking, Running, biking and other endurance events and races I compete in.

Tuesday

Sunday 14th October - Outram Hill Free Half Marathon


Well I brushed off the most of the cold/cough last week and went out to Outram on and ran the R&R colours around the roads in the Half marathon which incorporated the Otago Half Marathon champs race. Feeling ok but not 100% I had an ok run.
The race was completely flat so I anticipated a quick time but there was a massive southerly wind with rain just pouring down so it was cold windy and wet!! Running in a group of 4 pushing along the first 10-15km went well and held onto 4min ks for this but the cold had my chest gasping a little and the last kms were a little slower, finishing a windy course in 1hr30min41sec, not my fastest but the winning time of 1hr18min was down a little on expected times possibly due to wind and weather.

Overall a good hard run which will all help in build up for summer multisport racing.

I finished 5th Open man and 14th overall from about 70 runners.

No comments: