This site is a record of the multisport, triathlon, Kayaking, Running, biking and other endurance events and races I compete in.

Monday

Whare Flat MTB Duathlon - Race 4 WInter Series - June 15th 2008




I went and raced in the Whare Flat MTB duathlon yesterday along with 12 others. It was a cracker of a course. We started with a 4km run along a forest road and back along the "snake" MTB track and back to where we started to get on the mtb, I took off pretty quick on the run and established a bit of a lead and held this to the mtb transition. Onto the MTB and it was a quick balst up the forest road before dropping onto the "Snake" mtb tracka dn this is where the fun started, the track was greasy and windy with a few we surprise bumps and things in it, one trip over the handlebars early on in this for me and then another on some slippy clay (my mezcal semi slicks were not the best tyre choice for the day!) on the technical stuff i was passed by the second rider and lost a bit of ground to him, it wasn't until we started the climb back up longridge road i pushed hard and reeled him in and passed him to take the lead again, from here it was another nasty single track section which was steep and rutty I got passed again (my lack of technical skill and the fact my seat was a bit high for the steep drops didn't help) so I was off the MTB in 2nd place and onto the last run which was a repeat of the first run. Here was where i gave it heaps and established a lead before getting back onto the the single track, from here i hammered it and really ran hard to make a comfortable lead and managed to finish FIRST!!!!! with a 2min lead put into second!! I was pretty stoked to pull this one off.



No comments: